Celebrating 5 Years of Patient-Focused Surgical Care
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
It’s celebration time! On June 6th of 2011 we opened our Branford-based ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center). This state-of-art surgical facility is the crown jewel of our COS Branford Campus that features clinical offices with 6 exam rooms (including digital X-Ray), one of our two MRI suites, OrthoNOW walk-in care and STAR physical therapy.
Here are the top things to know about our surgical center:
- We continue to be a thriving source of local jobs – our surgical staff has grown by 100% in five years
- Our array of professional staff includes Physicians, Physician’s Assistants, Registered Nurses, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, and Certified Surgical Technologists
- We’ve expanded to keep up with the growing demand for individualized surgical care by growing from 2 to 3 operating rooms – we have also added a procedure room in the new facility
- Our opening day surgical line-up included Doctors Beiner, Caminear, Tomak, Diana, and Cohen - today we have over 25 surgeons using our surgical center on a regular basis
- In the earlier years most surgeries were related to sports medicine care (e.g. knees, shoulders, foot & ankle) – since then we have added spine surgeries, total hip replacements, partial knee replacements and pain management procedures
And most importantly, we’ve seen high patient satisfaction rates as shown by these patient survey responses:
- "Most of all I felt that I had no worries because I was in great hands during a time in my life when I was most vulnerable. That is truly special!"
- "Warm, friendly, informative staff. They really make the surgical process as pleasant as possible"
- "Great experience – your staff was terrific and the location as very convenient. And the surgical center was spotless"
- "Everything was great! Fast and efficient. Funny and supportive"
- "Everyone was awesome and did a great job – can’t wait to come back!" :)
- "It was an amazingly efficient place. It was the best – and I’ve had surgeries in several other places. Keep doing a great job!"
- "Everyone was so professional and courteous. They made me feel very comfortable."
About Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists, PC
Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists, PC offers all orthopaedic subspecialties including sports medicine, treatment for problems of the upper extremities and lower extremities, joint replacement surgery, pediatric orthopaedics, and surgical and non-surgical podiatry. It is one of the most respected orthopaedic groups in Connecticut and has been providing quality, individualized care to patients for over 50 years. COS has eight locations with in-house physical therapy, three OrthoNOW orthopaedic walk-in centers, two MRI centers providing in-house diagnostic testing and its own surgical center.
For more information, please contact Ron Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203.407.3580